0Shares0000Real Madrid’s forward Cristiano Ronaldo gestures as he poses with the trophy after he was awarded the title of “Best Men’s Player in Europe” at the conclusion of the UEFA Champions League group stage draw ceremony in Monaco on August 24, 2017 © AFP / VALERY HACHEMONACO, Monaco, Aug 24 – Cristiano Ronaldo was named UEFA Player of the Season for 2016-2017 on Thursday after a campaign which saw the Portuguese superstar help Real Madrid to the La Liga and Champions League double.It was the third time that Ronaldo had won the award which was presented on the sidelines of the Champions League group stage draw. His great rival Lionel Messi has won the prize on two occasions and could pave the way for him to capture a fifth Ballon d’Or title.“There are the same goals every year, to meet the same challenges, win everything if possible, qualify for the World Cup with my national team,” said Ronaldo.“This trophy will give me the motivation to keep working hard, never to give up. I am blessed and delighted to be with Real Madrid.”Ronaldo won the UEFA award in 2013-2014 and 2015-2016 and in the Champions League last season, where Real defeated Juventus 4-1 in the final, he finished as top scorer with 12 goals.Juventus goalkeeper and captain Gianluigi Buffon was second in the voting ahead of Messi.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
May 2020 “is the right moment” for a general election, Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has told Fine Gael TDs in a speech today. Speaking at the party’s annual away day in Cork, Varadkar said he had always believed that the next election should take place in the summer of 2020.“I think May 2020 is the right moment. It will allow to us to complete a full parliamentary session in the new year, discharge our Government duties around St Patrick’s Day and the March European Council and have a new Government in place well in advance of the next summer recess. “We should also, by then, have secured a Brexit Deal or have guided the country through the worst of No Deal. Though timelines, when it comes to Brexit, are unpredictable,” he said.The Taoiseach said it would also allow the government to spend the next few months concentrating on other items such as the Budget, Brexit, regional development, housing, health and climate action.“I believe we can win that election. In fact, I am sure of it even though it may not become apparent until the last week or ten days of the Election Campaign,” he told his party colleagues.Tánaiste and Minister for Foreign Affairs Simon Coveney said Mr Varadkar wrote to Fianna Fáil Leader Mícheál Martin to say that a general election would take place next summer, in May or June. Speaking on RTÉ’s News at One Mr Coveney said the Taoiseach wrote to Mr Martin many months ago about the date of the next electionHe said the Taoiseach asked Mr Martin for the space to allow the Government to do what it needs to for the country in relation to Brexit planning.Mr Coveney said if there was a no-deal Brexit the Government wants to be in a position to try to steer and protect Ireland.Taoiseach Leo Varadkar wants a general election in May 2020 was last modified: September 12th, 2019 by Staff WriterShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
The Warriors might have plenty of question marks on how they will fill out their roster. The Warriors have faith, though, in key members that are overseeing the franchise.The Warriors reached multi-year deals with both Warriors general manager Bob Myers and president Rick Welts. The Warriors did not disclose the terms of the deal, but it reflects the Warriors’ support toward how Myers and Welts played pivotal roles in shaping their franchise.Myers completed his eighth season as the …
9 June 2015A government tender to install 250 megawatts (MW) of wind generating capacity has been awarded to a consortium led by a wind and solar company based in Ireland.The award was made under the fourth round of the government’s Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Procurement Programme (REIPPPP). The two wind farms represent an investment of about R5.9-billion.South Africa is committed to introducing green energy into its power mix, 95% of which is coal at the moment, to redress its chronic electricity shortages.The projects awarded under this round are: the 140MW Kangnas wind farm located in the Nama Khoi municipality in Northern Cape and the 110MW Perdekraal East wind farm located in the Cape Winelands district and Witzenberg local municipalities of Western Cape.Mainstream Renewable Power is a global developer of renewable energy projects with a current output of 17 000MW from solar and wind farms in Ireland, South Africa, Chile and Canada.“Renewable energy ticks three important boxes for South Africa’s energy needs,” said the company’s managing director of onshore procurement, construction and operations, Barry Lynch. “Firstly, the cost of these projects is now cheaper than new coal-fired generation.“Secondly, they can be brought into commercial operation at the speed required and thirdly, they meet the scale needed to address the country’s growing electricity demand.”Mainstream has been awarded a total of 848MW of wind and solar projects under this programme since the first award in 2011. It is already building three wind farms in Northern Cape totalling 360MW, which it was awarded under round three of the REIPPPP.In 2014, the company delivered three wind and solar facilities into commercial operation under the first round of the programme.Source: News24Live
A view of Crater Lake and Wizard Island from the Earthcache location. Photo by Geocacher McGeesters.Nearly 7000 years ago, a massive volcano in southern Oregon, United States exploded leaving behind a collapsed caldera. Over the thousands of years that followed, the empty caldera filled with snowmelt and rainwater to form what is now known as Crater Lake. Geocachers from around the world have come to take in the amazing views, learn about this amazing location and find the Mt. Mazama Earthcache (GC123H6).A closer view of Wizard Island. Photo by Geocacher lunarmist02.The explosion that destroyed the stratovolcano is said to have been 42 times more powerful than the Mt. Saint Helens eruption in 1980. In fact, the explosion reduced Mt. Mazama’s original height by about a mile (1.6 km). Now, Mt. Mazama is more well-known for the result of the explosion: Crater Lake and Wizard Island.“Crater Lake is such a beautiful place. We enjoyed our stay very much and also learned some new aspects about geology. Nature’s forces are really overwhelming. Thanks for the learnings and the cache,” said geocacher netteleut(h)e in a log to earn a smiley for the geocache.At 1,943 feet (592m), Crater Lake is the deepest lake in the United States, second deepest in North America and ninth deepest in the world. Wizard Island is actually a small cinder cone volcano that was formed by continued volcanic activity after Mt. Mazama’s big eruption.This Earthcache puts you on the rim of Crater Lake, overlooking Wizard Island—but getting there is only one of the requirements for obtaining your smiley. Be sure to read the instructions and correctly answer the questions on the cache page before you log this geocache as “found.”Continue to explore some of the most engaging geocaches around the globe. Check out all the Geocaches of the Week on the Geocaching blog or view the Bookmark List on Geocaching.com.If you would like to nominate a Geocache of the Week, send an email with your name, comments, the name of the geocache, and the GC code to firstname.lastname@example.org.Share with your Friends:More SharePrint RelatedAn Easter (Island) Geocache – Rano Kau – Rapa Nui (GC22ZGB) – Geocache of the WeekMarch 27, 2013In “Community””The Emerald Lakes” GC24VY3 GEOCACHE OF THE WEEK – October 4, 2010September 30, 2010In “Community”Epic Adventure, — Wet Surprise (GC1YV80) — Geocache of the Week Video EditionAugust 20, 2014In “Community”
Related Posts Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting Tags:#privacy#web You will be prompted to enter your name, address and email address. Datalogix says people will be out of the program within 30 days. dave copeland In what is likely to become the next privacy controversy for Facebook, the social-media giant is working with a big-data firm to correlate off-line purchases with ad views on Facebook.And, surprise, opting out is trickier than Facebook’s typically difficult procedures. The data aggregator is Datalogix, which claims to have information about consumer transactions worth $1 trillion and about almost every U.S. household. Most of that data comes from retailer loyalty-card programs, and includes hashed email addresses and phone numbers, and purchases linked to those accounts, according to a report issued by the nonprofit privacy-advocacy group Electronic Frontier Foundation.The EFF report didn’t make clear how long Facebook has had access to the data, which will help Facebook understand how ads on the social network impact real-world purchases. Being able to do so would make the social network more popular with advertisers.Execs at Facebook told the foundation said that Facebook is after group patterns, and isn’t tracking any individuals’ purchases. Facebook also will disregard information not linked to one of its participants, according to the foundation. We’ve asked Facebook and Datalogix for comment and will update this post as soon as we hear back from them.The foundation report says that if you’re on Facebook, you are automatically in this data-sharing arrangement. There is no mention of this program on Facebook.com. How To Opt OutOpting out requires you to go to the Datalogix privacy page, which means that even most Facebook privacy-philes won’t know about the program.At the privacy page, scroll down to the “Choice” section and click on the link in the last sentence of the paragraph that gives you the option to “opt out of all Datalogix-enabled advertising & analytic products.” A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai… Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market
TagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Thiago Motta confirms he’s taking charge of Genoaby Carlos Volcano4 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveThiago Motta has confirmed he’s taking charge of Genoa.Motta has accepted Genoa’s offer to become their new coach, replacing Aurelio Andreazzoli.The 37-year-old former midfielder played for the Rossoblu during the 2008-09 campaign.He retired from professional football at the end of 2017-18 and spent last season coaching PSG’s Under-19 team.TMW caught up with Motta as he arrived in the Ligurian capital and told its correspondent he was “ready to get going”.
IG/espnmicheleEven with the Kentucky Derby, NFL Draft, NBA and NHL playoffs, and plenty of early season baseball action, the marquee sporting event of the weekend is the long-awaited Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao fight, which will take place tonight around 11:30 p.m. One of college football’s recent superstars, Florida great Tim Tebow, is in Las Vegas for the bout, and spent time at Pacquiao camp during training this week.Pacquiao and Tebow first met in March, and BehindTheGloves.com caught up with the two stars, who have a lot in common, including their strong faith, and connections to the Phillipines. Pacquiao is a national hero in his home country, and Tebow was born in the city of Makati and spent five years living in the country.Much of the sports world appears to be split over tonight’s fight, but it seems like Tebow is all in on Pacquiao.
OSU redshirt junior safety Tyvis Powell celebrates the Buckeyes’ 44-28 win in the Fiesta Bowl on Jan. 1. Credit: Samantha Hollinshead | Photo EditorThe storm of Ohio State underclassmen leaving for the NFL draft continues to pick up steam. On Saturday night, redshirt sophomore linebacker Darron Lee announced his intentions to turn pro, joining Cardale Jones, Joey Bosa and Ezekiel Elliott.Now, just two days after OSU topped Notre Dame 44-28 in the Fiesta Bowl, redshirt junior safety Tyvis Powell is joining them. In a screenshot posted to his personal Twitter account Sunday morning, Powell announced his decision to surrender his final year of eligibility to head to the NFL. “First off,” the Bedford, Ohio, native wrote, “I want to thank God for blessing me with the ability to have a decision on whether or not I should go to the next level.“With that being said, after deep prayer and consulting with my family, I will be forgoing my final year of eligibility at The Ohio State University.”Powell, who has already graduated with a degree in marketing and won a national championship, wrote that he has “accomplished almost every one” of the dreams he had after committing. Initially recruited to Columbus by Jim Tressel, Powell blossomed over his four years as a Buckeye, both on the field and off it. His exuberant, fun-loving personality matched with his football ability made him a favorite amongst members of the team and fans. “I came as a young boy with a dream,” Powell wrote, “but (I‘m) now leaving as a grown man with a dream. I really enjoyed the four seasons I’ve been at OSU. I have built a very special bond with my teammates that I will cherish forever.”Powell registered five tackles and an interception in Friday’s Fiesta Bowl. He nearly had another pick, but a targeting penalty on Bosa in the first quarter negated it. In his three seasons on the turf, the 6-foot-3 Powell accumulated 195 tackles and eight interceptions. The list of OSU underclassmen leaving for the NFL now sits at five, and others, such as wide receiver Michael Thomas and safety Vonn Bell, are widely expected to bolt for the next level. Underclassmen wishing to declare have until Jan. 18 to do so. The 2016 NFL draft is slated to begin April 28 and last through April 30.