Categories
lmxzqxhlm

Israeli bank enters City scene with £55m scheme

first_imgTo access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletterslast_img

Categories
ykqisdscp

Joshua ready to fight Fury twice in 2021 — Promoter

first_imgRelatedPosts Italy introduces compulsory virus testing for travellers from France Nigeria records new COVID-19 infections, more deaths as figures rise to 57,242 Tyson Fury to Anthony Joshua: Don’t risk fighting Usyk Eddie Hearn confirmed Anthony Joshua will not fight Tyson Fury this year but insisted that he is ready to sign a two-fight deal for 2021 right now.With the British pair holding every major belt in the heavyweight division, Hearn had previously stated the highly-anticipated undisputed showdown may have been pushed closer due to the coronavirus pandemic. However, with sporting events beginning to restart around the globe, while former WBC champion Deontay Wilder is refusing to step away from a contracted trilogy fight with Fury, the bout will have to wait.While Fury completes his contractual obligation, Joshua will face mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev, Hearn insisting it is then time for the English duo to meet.“It would probably be a two-fight deal,” Hearn told Sky Sports. “Any deal between Fury and AJ, you run it twice.“It is not a condition of the deal but it was in their deal with Deontay Wilder, and it is the biggest fight in boxing, so it is likely you will see that twice.”“I had a conversation [on Thursday] saying: ‘Wilder is not stepping aside, we will take care of that fight, you take care of the Pulev fight, but let’s get a deal done for 2021’. “We have no problem signing now to fight Fury in 2021.” In the meantime, Hearn assures Joshua’s goals remain the same: to successfully defend his belts in the United Kingdom.The 40-year-old does concede, however, that the coronavirus pandemic has limited Joshua’s fight schedule.“The focus remains the same – do the fight in the UK,” Hearn added. “We have also now conceded that AJ will only fight once this year.“Before it was all about getting that fight in early-August to make sure we could fight in December. Because of the preparation needed and the magnitude of his shows, AJ will only box once in 2020.“We hope between September and December live gates will return to the UK. There is also a chance they won’t – if that’s the case, we will take the fight elsewhere.” Tags: CoronavirusDeontay WilderEddie HearnKubrat Pulevlast_img read more

Categories
lbjuakbxd

Wenger: I won’t panic

first_imgManager Arsene Wenger maintains Arsenal will not “panic buy” as they look to strengthen a depleted squad in the closing days of the transfer window. Wenger, though, insisted as he prepared his side for Sunday’s north London derby against Tottenham, who have spent big this summer, that he was not about to embark upon a mad rush for any last-minute additions. “We will not panic buy, that is for sure. You can believe me. It is not in my strengths to panic,” said Wenger, who expects both midfielders Jack Wilshere and Aaron Ramsey to be available this weekend. “You need good players in every position, and especially you need an attitude and way to play the game. The players here know the way we want to play and that is important. If we can add players who can integrate with that style of play we will do it. “We work very hard on that, if we cannot we will not do anything stupid just for the sake of saying that we have done something. We do what makes sense or not, that is simple.” France international Flamini, 29, left the Emirates Stadium in 2008 to join AC Milan when his contract expired, but was released by the Italian side and on Thursday was confirmed as Arsenal’s second signing having trained at the club earlier this month. Wenger admitted once his injury crisis deepened, the prospect of bringing Flamini back looked more appealing. “At the start I didn’t want to sign him I am completely honest about it,” he said. “I didn’t envisage doing it. Circumstances and his attitude convinced me to do it. “I didn’t expect him to be in that mental state and in that physical shape. Our job has a great quality, it is a good teacher of humility, so you always have to be ready to change your mind, and he changed my mind.” Wenger, however, conceded the loss of Podolski was a major blow, the forward, who scored twice in the win at Fulham last weekend, limped out of the Champions League play-off win over Fenerbahce. “[It’s a] Grade Three hamstring [injury]. That means it’s eight to 10 weeks. It can be more – to be fully match fit, you can count three months,” the Arsenal boss said. Arsenal’s comfortable 5-0 aggregate win over the Turkish side saw them through to the group stages for the 16th successive campaign, where they will face 2013 runners-up Dortmund, Marseille and Napoli. Wenger said: “It is difficult, but exciting as well because it is a group of a very good level. “We played Dortmund two years ago. We did well against them and Napoli has done well last year. Marseille we played two years ago as well. “It is a similar group to what we knew two years ago, every game will be of a huge importance because it could be down to a point or goal difference in the end.” Wenger, however, stressed full focus must be on producing a positive performance at the Emirates Stadium once again, having lost the opening Barclays Premier League game to Aston Villa. “What is important for us is to get on a winning run. We have now [won the last three games we have played] so it is important we continue that,” said Wenger, who will have centre-back Laurent Koscielny available again following his one-match suspension after a red card against Villa. “It is a good opportunity for us to show our strengths against Tottenham because they have as well strengthened well their team. I am confident that we will have a very good performance.” With Germany forward Lukas Podolski, set for up to three months out because of a hamstring injury, joining England midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Mikel Arteta on the sidelines, Wenger has seen his options further reduced, despite Mathieu Flamini rejoining the club on Thursday. Arsenal, who failed in bids for Gonzalo Higuain, Luis Suarez and Yohan Cabaye earlier this summer, but did complete a free transfer of France Under-21 forward Yaya Sanogo, continue to be linked with the likes of Karim Benzema, Mesut Ozil and Angel Di Maria at Real Madrid, along with St Etienne defensive midfielder Joshua Guilavogui among others. Press Associationlast_img read more