The best player of billiard in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) Sanjin Pehlivanovic became the junior champion of Europe for the eighth time after being the best at the Dynamic Billard Youth Championship in Veldhoven, Netherlands.Pehlivanovic was the best in the “10” discipline and defeated Scotland’s Jonas Sout in the final. A fierce fight was expected in the race for gold, but the match went in one direction, so the phenomenal Pehlivanovic scored a new success in the 7: 3 triumph.Yesterday was also successful for Ajdin Piknjac who brought bronze medal to Bosnia and Herzegovina in cadets competition, which he previously won in the “14” (straight pool) discipline, Klix.ba news portal reports.
by Tracy McCue, Sumner Newscow â€” In what is being considered its most competitive opponent of the year, The Wellington seventh grade girls A team still had little trouble disposing of Rose Hill 41-23 Thursday evening. Wellington defeated Rose Hill 41-23 in non-league competition. Rose Hill was bumped up to Pioneer League Div. III this year. The seventh grade is now 12-0 overall and 10-0 in the Pioneer League. â€œWe had some competition this time and girls reacted well,â€ said Jeff Frazee, Wellington seventh grade girls coach. It was 16-11 at the half, before Wellington pulled away for the win. Scoring for Wellington were: Lexi Clift 4, Rylee Rusk 21, Draven Warnock 2, Mykiland French 4, Allison Buresh 8, Kari Dvorak 2 In the B team game, Wellington also stayed undefeated with a 37-25 victory. The B team is 9-0 (7-0 in Pioneer). Scoring for Wellington: Kadin Brown 8, Draven Warnock 12, Katrina Dvorak 15, Kady Arebalo 1, Macy’s Elkins 1 Wellington wraps up regular season Monday vs Haysville.â€”â€”â€” In other Wellington Middle School action: Eighth grade girls Rose Hill A 28 Wellington 21 Scoring: Lindsey Scheufler 15, Cassandra Moody 4, Tori Lewellen 2. Wellington B 18 Rose Hill 11Seventh grade boys Rose Hill 37 Wellington 30 Scoring: Tanner Meyer 12, Luke Scheufler 7, Trenton Bannister 6, Berkeley Wright 3, Kade Adams 2.Â Eighth grade boys Wellington 46 Rose Hill 29 Scoring: Silas Popplewell 18, Blake Rausch 12, Tyler Brown 10, Zander Vargas 5, Malachi Macias 1. Wellington B-30 Rose Hill-14 Scoring: Zane Cornejo 2, John Long 6, Trevese Love 6, Bully Walker 2, Austin Soles 3, Malachi Macias 7, Isaac Hilt 4.Monday: Wellington Middle School wrestling: Wellington 71 Rose Hill 24 Wellington 78 Haysville West 11.
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest The Technology Modernization Fund Board (Board) recently awarded funding to support the development of USDA’s Farmers.gov customer experience portal, which helps better connect America’s farmers, ranchers, conservationists, and private foresters with vital USDA resources and programs. The Board is chaired by the Federal Chief Information Officer for the Office of Management and Budget (OMB).Following the funding announcement from OMB, USDA Under Secretary for Farm Production and Conservation Bill Northey said, “Farmers.gov will provide a user-friendly portal for connecting agricultural producers to the USDA services and programs they need. This new resource also will reduce the time farmers need to take away from their fields to fill out paperwork. We are very pleased that Farmers.gov is receiving funding to continue its development so USDA can improve the way we deliver services to our customers.”Farmers.gov is mobile device-friendly and can identify for farmers the most convenient USDA office locations. Additional functions will be added to the site, including an interactive calendar, an online appointment feature, digital forms, and a business data dashboard. Additionally, when the 2018 Farm Bill is signed into law, there will be plain language program descriptions and a tool to determine eligibility.To learn about the Farmers.gov vision, USDA’s farmer-centered design principles, and roadmap for the website, visit the Farmers.gov playbook at www.farmers.gov/playbook.
“I already have two sure candidates in mind,” said Cojuangco during the thanksgiving mass and dinner party for the Philippine Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games delegation Friday night at V Corporate building in Makati City.Cojuangco, however, declined to name the athletes and the national sports associations who can make history by delivering the first-ever gold medal for the Philippines in the Olympics.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutout“I have a strong feeling they can win it. But I don’t want to mention the sport; I don’t want to pressure them,” said the POC chief. “We just have to fuel them up with high-octane gasoline and their performances can translate into gold medals.”Cojuangco said the athletes are homegrown but hinted that other potential gold medals could also come from swimmers and tracksters based in the United States. “We need a training center to achieve this. Without a training center, getting those medals will be difficult,” he pointed out.According to Cojuangco, there’s already a masterplan for the construction of a new sports facility in Clark Green City while the POC is also looking at another site in Iba, Zambales, to put up a training center.The Philippines could only settle for another silver medal courtesy of weightlifter Hidilyn Diaz in the 2016 Rio De Janeiro Games, 20 years after boxer Mansueto “Onyok” Velasco delivered the last medal for the country with a silver performance in the 1996 Atlanta Games.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ LOOK: Loisa Andalio, Ronnie Alonte unwind in Amanpulo for 3rd anniversary Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Ateneo bags sixth win, hands NU third straight loss BSP sees higher prices in November, but expects stronger peso, low rice costs to put up fight Frontrow holds fun run to raise funds for young cancer patients Nonong Araneta re-elected as PFF president POC President Peping Cojuangco. Photo by Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.netThe Philippines won’t simply end the country’s gold medal drought in the Olympics in the 2020 Tokyo Games. But it’s going to do so in style.Philippine Olympic Committee president Jose Cojuangco Jr. believes Filipino athletes are capable of winning five gold medals in Tokyo, but only if the country puts up the proper training facilities needed for these athletes to succeed.ADVERTISEMENT Fire hits houses in Mandaluyong City Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC LATEST STORIES PH billiards team upbeat about gold medal chances in SEA Games PLAY LIST 03:07PH billiards team upbeat about gold medal chances in SEA Games05:25PH boxing team determined to deliver gold medals for PH00:45Onyok Velasco see bright future for PH boxing in Olympics01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games View comments Fire hits houses in Mandaluyong City Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Read Next
Wales coach Ryan Giggs: Man Utd must keep buyingby Paul Vegas19 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveWales coach Ryan Giggs says Manchester United need FIVE new players to bring the glory days back to Old Trafford.Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s under-fire side have won just five of their last 22 matches, and are winless in ten away games, ahead of today’s crunch Prem clash at Newcastle.Giggs told The Sun: “I see what Ole is doing and I support that. He’s brought in three players but he probably needs seven or eight.”So he needs another four or five. But you can’t do that over one transfer window, so you have to be patient because it will be slow.“What he is trying to do was much needed. He needs time.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
NORMAN, OK – SEPTEMBER 5: Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops talks on the field before the game against the Akron Zips September 5, 2015 at Gaylord Family-Oklahoma Memorial Stadium in Norman, Oklahoma. Oklahoma defeated Akron 41-3.(Photo by Brett Deering/Getty Images)The Big 12 was the only major conference without a playoff participant last year, but in 2015, it certainly looks like history will not repeat itself. The league currently has three undefeated teams – Baylor, TCU and Oklahoma State – and a fourth, Oklahoma, with just one loss. Furthermore, as you’ll see below, the conference now has the three top spots in ESPN’s FPI. Baylor, TCU and Oklahoma are 1-2-3. Ohio State is the highest-ranked non-Big 12 school, at No. 4. Oklahoma State is No. 14.Here’s a reminder of what the FPI measures.The Football Power Index (FPI) is a measure of team strength that is meant to be the best predictor of a team’s performance going forward for the rest of the season. FPI represents how many points above or below average a team is. Projected results are based on 10,000 simulations of the rest of the season using FPI, results to date, and the remaining schedule. Ratings and projections update daily.Alabama is currently the top-ranked SEC squad. USC, at 5-3, is the highest Pac-12 team, at No. 5. Clemson, the ACC’s top dog, is No. 7.What do you think, college football fans? How accurate is this tool?
Rapper The Game has launched a challenge for himself: to make the world a better place.He has promised to give away $1 million dollars before Christmas, and not in one quick and easy lump. He is raising his awareness of others, observing the world around him and looking for people in need as he goes about his daily life.He has called his challenge “The Robin Hood Project”, and created an Instagram account where fans can follow it’s development.He explains why he has chosen to undertake such an ambitious project there:“The other day I posted this pic of an African child I met in Australia playing outside the grocery store. His story of his families hardships & struggles to get away from the terror they left behind touched me so I gave him what I had on me… Which was an Australian $20 bill. As the days passed, I thought about him over & over & over & the only thing that bothered me about that night was that I didn’t have more on me to give him at that time. For some reason I just didn’t bring more money from the hotel.”The Game is finding people in need.Credit/Copyright: Instagram“Since I can’t shake that feeling… I have decided to give $1,000,000 (1 million dollars) to people I come in contact with around the world everyday until Christmas. Don’t even know if thats possible but I’ve set my heart on trying !!! I’ve created a new account specifically for those who would like to FOLLOW @therobinhoodproject & support me on this journey. I ask myself all the time why my heart allows me to do the things it does. Still waiting on an answer………. Please hash tag #TheRobinHoodProject & tag friends you think will be touched or supportive to this movement…. sincerest thanks – The Game”So far The Game has managed to provide meals and hope to a number of people around Australia, though his biggest donation has been to the grieving family of a 6-year-old girl who was shot when two men opened fire on her and her father at the weekend. The Game said the news of the shooting hit him like “nothing ever has”, and immediately reached out to the girl’s mother, offering to cover the $10,000 funeral costs. He is requesting that people keep the girl’s family in their thoughts and prayers, saying Follow her now @lost_the_love_of_my_life & show her support thru this tough time…… Prayers are definitely needed.”You can follow The Game’s philanthropic adventure on Twitter and Instagram.Copyright ©2013Look to the Stars
MONTREAL – SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. reported a first-quarter profit of $78.1 million as its revenue climbed with the acquisition of British engineering firm WS Atkins last year.The company says the profit amounted to 44 cents per diluted share for the quarter, down from $89.7 million or 60 cents per diluted share a year ago.Revenue totalled $2.43 billion, up from $1.85 billion.On an adjusted basis, SNC says it earned $136 million or 77 cents per share, up from $105.1 million or 70 cents per share a year ago.SNC’s adjusted profit from its engineering and construction business amounted to 51 cents per share, up from 40 cents per share a year ago.SNC completed its acquisition of WS Atkins last summer for roughly $3.6 billion.Companies in this story: (TSX:SNC)
Starbucks closed about 1,100 Canadian locations this afternoon for training on race, bias and inclusion.This @Starbucks on 5 St. and 6 Ave SW is one of about 1,100 locations across Canada closing early for inclusiveness training today. #yyc pic.twitter.com/Pvs7qIVm6e— Crystal Laderas (@CrisLaderas) June 11, 2018In a letter to customers, Starbucks Canada president Michael Conway says the training will involve sharing experiences, listening to experts, reflecting on the realities of bias in society and talking about how employees can create public spaces where everyone feels like they belong.The training comes after the Seattle-based company publicly apologized for the arrest of two black men who had been refused permission to use the washroom of a Starbucks coffee shop in Philadelphia.In his letter, Conway calls the incident “reprehensible” and says the training isn’t just about what happened in Philadelphia, but about humanity and making sure all customers feel safe and welcome.In late May, 8,000 U.S. locations were shut for an afternoon for similar training.
NEW DELHI: After shooting down a Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite with its indigenously developed Anti-Satellite (A-SAT) weapon, India is now a reckoning space power, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said in his address to the nation.On March 27, at 11:16 am, India successfully launched its A-SAT weapon that targetted an Indian satellite which had been decommissioned and was orbiting an LEO at a height of 300 km from Earth’s surface. DRDO’s Ballistic Missile Interceptor, a part of the ongoing ballistic missile defence programme, was deployed. Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss bank a/c detailsThis ‘technological mission’ was carried out by DRDO from Dr A P J Abdul Kalam Island launch complex in Odisha. The team of scientists was able to accomplish the task of locating, destroying and confirming the destruction of said satellite within three minutes. Mission Shakti deserves celebration as this is the first time that India has tested and successfully demonstrated its capability to interdict and intercept a satellite in outer space based on complete indigenous technology. Rightly, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that this is ‘a proud moment’ for Indians. A-SAT weapons play a crucial role in locating, intercepting and destroying incoming satellite that may threaten national security. However, the sphere of space weapons is contentious. Strict guidelines are enforced under the 1967 Outer Space Treaty, of which India is a signatory. Also Read – Tourists to be allowed in J&K from ThursdayThe treaty strongly prohibits the use of weapons of mass destruction in space. However, with its A-SAT weapon, India has been careful to not overstep any points of the treaty. India has also expressed support to the substantive consideration of Prevention of an Arms Race in Outer Space (PAROS) in the Conference on Disarmament, where it has been on agenda since 1982. Clearly, India’s intent is less offensive and more a defensive tool of strengthening national security and propelling the development of greater space technology. Earlier, China’s test in 2007 received widespread criticism from the global community, which iterated that the Dragon’s attempt to launch A-SAT weapons had “serious consequences of engaging in the militarisation of space”.