Categories
rkudyhunw

Western Force Mark Bartholomeusz out for ten weeks

first_imgAn unfortunate training accident will see Emirates Western Force utility back Mark Bartholomeusz sidelined for approximately ten weeks after sustaining ruptured ligaments in his left ankle. LATEST RUGBY WORLD MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION DEALS Bartholomeusz suffered the injury late last week when he inadvertently stepped on another players’ foot during a routine drill and will be required to wear a moon boot for at least the next fortnight before being able to place weight on his leg.The experienced back was in great shape as the team stepped-up its pre-season preparations and will now undertake intensive rehabilitation to be ready for round one of the Super Rugby season on Sunday, 20 February against the Reds in Brisbane.last_img

Categories
svfczfozo

Without Medicaid Expansion, Florida Sees Increase in Uninsured Children

first_img LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply Please enter your name here You have entered an incorrect email address! Please enter your email address here By Trimmel Gomes, Public News Service – FL Support conservation and fish with NEW Florida specialty license plate Free webinar for job seekers on best interview answers, hosted by Goodwill June 11 The Anatomy of Fear Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter More than 50,000 children in Florida have lost their health insurance coverage since 2016, according to the Georgetown University Center for Children and Families. (rawpixel/Adobe Stock) Please enter your comment! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – After almost a decade of steady improvement, the number of children without health insurance in Florida and the nation is on the rise again, according to a new report.The study, released today by the Georgetown University Center for Children and Families, found that nationally, the rate of uninsured children increased from 4.7% to 5.2% between 2016 and 2018. In Florida, the rate also increased, from 6.6% to 7.6%.Anne Swerlick, a health policy analyst for the Florida Policy Institute, said Florida is among the states with the highest increases.“Over the last couple years, over 50,000 kids have lost coverage here in Florida,” she said. “We had been making terrific progress in getting kids covered over the last decade, but we’re backsliding now. That’s very troubling.”The report cited multiple causes for the downturn, including efforts to repeal the Affordable Care Act, delays in funding the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), and inadequate oversight of state Medicaid programs.On top of Florida not expanding Medicaid, Swerlick said another major factor is pushing immigrant children out of the program: fear and confusion among immigrant families.“Parents fear that if they get coverage for their kids through Medicaid, that this is going to negatively impact their immigration status,” she said, “so there needs to be a lot more education that that’s not the case.”Joan Alker, executive director of the Georgetown Center, said the Center has been doing the report for nine years. In 2016, the research showed the lowest number of uninsured children yet, but the trend has reversed since then.“That has turned around now, and what’s clear from this new data is that the country is going in the wrong direction,” she said. “and we see that it’s very hard for any state to make progress with some of the negative national trends that are happening.”The report found that 15 states, including Florida, showed statistically significant increases in their numbers of uninsured kids. Alker noted that the number of uninsured children in states that did not expand Medicaid increased at triple the rate of expansion states.The report is online at ccf.georgetown.edu, and a state-specific data hub is at kidshealthcarereport.ccf.georgetown.edu.Disclosure: Georgetown University Center for Children & Families contributes to our fund for reporting on Children’s Issues, Health Issues. If you would like to help support news in the public interest, click here. TAGSfloridaMedicaidPublic News Service – FL Previous articleApopka business wins innovation award from Orlando Economic PartnershipNext articleCommunity Health Centers names new President/CEO Denise Connell RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHORlast_img read more

Categories
otzmsmqes

Lambert sees Sinclair ‘potential’

first_img Villa have completed the protracted signing of the winger until the end of the season with a view to signing him permanently in the summer. The 25-year-old has made just 12 appearances for City since joining them back in 2012, with an inauspicious loan stint at West Brom last season. Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert is ready to tap into Scott Sinclair’s “unfulfilled potential” after landing the winger on loan from Manchester City. Press Association “It’s nice to be able to get settled somewhere and be a part of something going forward. “It feels great to be here and that the deal is finally done. “I spoke to the manager (Paul Lambert) and he gave me his views on what he wants from me here at Villa. “I’m still hungry to play football, that’s what I told him, and I’m looking forward to getting started, hopefully playing every week and enjoying my football.” Earlier City boss Manuel Pellegrini said: “I am very happy for the player because it is an important chance to return in his career. “Maybe here he didn’t have too many chances here in Manchester City because we have important and top players in his position, but I am sure if he starts playing there he will demonstrate what a good player he is.” “I’m thankful we got the deal done because I think he’s a player with great unfulfilled potential,” Lambert said. “In hindsight, maybe for his own playing career, the Manchester City move was not a good one for him. But the opportunity to play for a club like that hardly ever comes to you and when it does, it’s very hard to turn it down. “I’m pretty sure he will have learned a lot in football terms from it, whether he realises it yet or not. “It will have been a great experience for him but now’s the time he can kick on and get his career up and running.” Sinclair, meanwhile, is ready to make up for lost time. “I believe I have my best years ahead of me,” he said. “This is a new challenge, a new chapter in my life, and hopefully I can settle in as quickly as possible, have a good start and go from there.” The former Chelsea youngster is eager to hit the ground running. “It’s taken a few weeks but I’m happy to be here, to be in the building and to be signing for the club and ready to play some football. last_img read more

Categories
cfbobflfx

FIBA announced the List of the best young Players: Musa is the first Star of Qualifications!

first_imgFIBA announced the list of the best players under 21 years of age who are the stars of qualifications and at the very top of the list is our young representative – Dzanan Musa.Dzanan Musa was presented as the captain of the National team of BiH and the next super star.“Dzanan Musa, who turned 19 in May, had 21 points in average – including 26 points against Russia – 3 in jumps and 2 in stolen balls in February,” as written by FIBA on their page.The list, besides Musa, also includes Rui Hachimura (Japan), RJ Barrett (Canada), Furkan Korkmaz (Turkey), Jordan Nwora (Nigeria), Emanuel Cate (Romania), Arnoldas Kulboka (Lithuania), Yago Mateus Dos Santos (Brazil), Tryggvi Hlinason (Iceland), Ihab Al-Zuhairi (Iraq), Goga Bitadze (Georgia), Nico Mannion (Italy), Kristian Kullamae (Estonia), Hu Jinqiu (China), Andrew Nembhard (Canada), Yovel Zoosman (Israel), Kurt-Curry Wegscheider (Central African Republic), Jovan Kljajic (Montenegro), Maximo Fjellerup (Argentina), Isaac Bonga (Germany) and Isaac Letoa (New Zealand).(Source: Radiosarajevo.ba)last_img read more

Categories
cfbobflfx

30 Days: Gift Certificates to Wellington Fitness Center is a great gift for your love handled love

first_imgChristmas specials:•12 Days of Fitness – Currently, Fitness Center members can exercise 12 days between Thanksgiving and Christmas and receive a Fitness T-shirt! Cost is only $5.•Fit to a Tee -Contest – Free for Fitness Center members! Sign-up to win a special Fitness t-shirt every time you work out. Drawings will be held on December 31st.Great Christmas stocking stuffers:Again, WRC gift certificates – not just for the Fitness Center – but for any rec program. And what is a rec program? Just log onto Sumner Newscow Monday for the WRC Rec Rap and you will know what we are talking about. There are a plethora of programs from fitness, sports, special events, leisure arts and other special interests.Hours: Fitness Center hours are Monday – Thursday, 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday – 5:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Saturday – 6 a.m. to 12 p.m., Sunday 1 to 3 p.m.Contact us at: E-mail – [email protected] Telephone: 620-326-3435.Catch our website at: www.wellingtonrec.com. by Tracy McCue, Sumner Newscow — Christmas is a season of giving, fellowship, traditional rituals, eating, and renewing relationships. Notice that word “eating” in the previous sentence?Are you looking for a Christmas gift that will keep on giving? How about giving your special loved one (you know the one with the love handles) a membership to the Wellington Fitness Center.The Wellington Fitness Center, under Wellington Recreation Commission management, is offering gift certificates for memberships whether it is one month, six months or 12-month packages.The fitness center opened in October of 1995 and is located on the second floor of Memorial Auditorium. It features state of the art fitness equipment and qualified and friendly workers to assist patrons.Also, the WRC employees three personal trainers: Debbie Murphy, Cherity Elder and Judy Nusbaum, who offer individualized fitness programs to meet the needs, interests, and fitness goals. Coming soon: The design for a new Wellington Recreation Fitness Center has been in the planning stage off and on for a number of years.The WRC — working with the city and USD 353 — are working on a plan to build a facility that will house a fitness center, fitness classrooms, men and women’s locker rooms, restrooms, offices, storage rooms, and a community/art room. The proposed building will be a two story metal building, 64 feet wide by 80 feet long, located and connected west of the current building. This project is an investment in family and Wellington’s future for which WRC officials are excited to be part.last_img read more

Categories
fajphruky

Williams, Duggan weigh in on US soccer discrimination suit

first_imgThe 28 members of the current women’s player pool filed the lawsuit Friday in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles under the Equal Pay Act and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. The USSF has not commented on the suit.“We believe it is our duty to be the role models that we’ve set out to be and fight to what we know we legally deserve,” forward Christen Press told The Associated Press. “And hopefully in that way it inspires women everywhere.”The lawsuit, which is the culmination of long-simmering concerns by the players, highlights the struggle for female athletes globally to achieve fair compensation for their efforts, even if that doesn’t mean identical paychecks to their male counterparts. “Fair” can include simple things like access to practice fields and changing rooms.In tennis, Grand Slam events and many other tournaments give equal prize money to men and women, in part due to the work of pioneers like Billie Jean King, who was calling for equitable prize money in the 1970s. She once famously proclaimed: “Everyone thinks women should be thrilled when we get crumbs, and I want women to have the cake, the icing and the cherry on top, too.”Two years ago, just before the U.S. women’s soccer team struck a new collective bargaining agreement that gave players pay raises and better benefits, the women’s national hockey team won a better contract after taking the drastic step of threatening to sit out of the world championships. The players’ effort went viral with the social media hashtag #BeBoldForChange.Meghan Duggan was one of the players who led the fight.“I have the utmost respect for the U.S. women’s soccer team and what they have always stood for,” she said. “They have continued to lead the way in advancing women’s sports and this is just another example of their boldness and leadership.”The men’s and women’s soccer teams have separate collective bargaining agreements, and their pay is structured differently. That means there is no simple dollar-to-dollar salary comparison. Terms of the CBAs have not been made public.Compensation for the women includes a guaranteed salary and salaries paid by the USSF for their time with clubs in the National Women’s Soccer League. The men get paid based on appearances, roster selection for friendlies and tournaments, and collective performance. The USSF has cited the contracts, as well as the revenue generated by the teams, as the reason for the differences.While the U.S. Women’s National Team Players Association is not a party to the lawsuit, it issued a statement supporting the players’ goal of “eliminating gender-based discrimination by USSF.”A group of five star players filed a complaint in 2016 with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission that alleged wage discrimination by the federation. The new lawsuit effectively ends that EEOC complaint, brought by Alex Morgan, Megan Rapinoe, Becky Sauerbrunn, Carli Lloyd and former goalkeeper Hope Solo. The players received a right-to-sue letter from the EEOC last month.At the time of the original complaint, U.S. Rep. Rosa DeLauro of Connecticut led a bipartisan group of lawmakers in a letter to the EEOC in support of the players. On Sunday, she applauded the team’s ongoing efforts for pay equity.“These women are at the pinnacle of their sport. They are world champions. Yet, when they receive their paychecks, they are being paid less than their male counterparts. That is unacceptable,” she said in a statement to the AP. “Women and men in the same job deserve the same pay. Period. That is why I will keep pushing Congress to pass the Paycheck Fairness Act, which should be on the House Floor soon.”Following the EEOC action, the women took the fight for equality into contract negotiations and struck a new CBA covering 2017-21.WNBA players have exercised their right to terminate their CBA after the 2019 season, cutting the deal short by two years. The move allows the sides to negotiate a new deal that would go into effect for the 2020 season during an Olympic year.“Without commenting on the specifics of the lawsuit, the WNBPA stands for equity and fairness, and stands against discrimination of any kind. We are proud to stand with the USWNTPA and other unions in support of players on these issues,” said Terri Jackson, WNBA Players Association director of operations.Solo no longer plays for the national team. Her contract was terminated when she was suspended for comments made at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics. However, she continues to champion gender equity issues.Last August, she filed her own federal lawsuit in the Northern District of California, accusing U.S. Soccer of violating the Equal Pay Act. That lawsuit is winding its way through the courts.“I’d always hoped my former teammates would follow suit and join me in the battle in federal court against the United States Soccer Federation,” Solo told the AP. “It was clear that U.S. Soccer was never going to acquiesce or negotiate to provide us equal pay or agree to treat us fairly. The filing by the entire United Sates women’s national team demonstrated that they no longer fear the federation by forcefully and publicly acknowledging U.S. Soccer’s violations of the Equal Pay Act and Title VII.”___AP Sports Writers Beth Harris in Los Angeles, Larry Lage in Detroit and Doug Feinberg in Las Vegas contributed to this report.___More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports United States’ Tobin Heath, second from right, is congratulated on her goal by Mallory Pugh (11), Megan Rapinoe and Alex Morgan (13) during the first half of a SheBelieves Cup soccer match against Brazil Tuesday, March 5, 2019, in Tampa, Fla. (AP Photo/Mike Carlson) While Serena Williams admittedly doesn’t follow soccer, the U.S. women’s national team caught her attention with its lawsuit seeking equitable pay. In this Aug. 13, 2018, file photo, Serena Williams serves to Daria Gavrilova, of Australia, in the first round at the Western & Southern Open in Mason, Ohio. Williams admits she doesn’t really follow soccer, but the U.S. women’s national team got her attention with its lawsuit over equitable pay. (AP Photo/John Minchillo, File) The players accuse the U.S. Soccer Federation of “institutionalized gender discrimination” that includes unequal pay with their counterparts on the men’s national team.At the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells, California, Williams praised the players who came before her to fight for equal prize money in tennis.“I think at some point, in every sport, you have to have those pioneers, and maybe it’s the time for soccer,” she said. “I’m playing because someone else stood up, and so what they are doing right now is hopefully for the future of women’s soccer.”last_img read more