zoom The latest addition to Höegh Autoliners’ fleet was named “Höegh Jacksonville” during a ceremony held in Hamburg, Germany on 16 May, 2014 . Mrs. Doris Trunzer, the wife of Mr.Mario Trunzer (Managing Director Commercial of the LIEBHERR Werk-Ehingen GmbH.) acted as Lady Sponsor.The ceremony was hosted by Höegh Autoliners with 210 guests visiting the Hamburg Cruise terminal where the naming took place.Höegh Jacksonville is the first of two sister vessels with 6, 500 car capacity built by Daewoo-Mangalia Heavy Industries, Romania to be delivered to Höegh Autoliners’ operation this year. Both vessels will be operated by Höegh Autoliners through a long term bareboat charter from the vessels’ owners; Ocean Yield AS.Ingar Skiaker, CEO says: “Taking Höegh Jacksonville into our operation is part of our fleet renewal program, replacing older vessels that are being phased out. The renewal program continues next year, when we start taking delivery of our New Horizon vessels, which will be the world’s largest Pure Car Truck Carriers, with a capacity of 8, 500 car equivalent units. The new vessels will add flexibility and efficiency to our trades and improve the service offerings to our customers.”Höegh Jacksonville’s maiden voyage will be in Höegh Autoliners’ Europe to Middle East trade and will thereafter trade in the company’s global trade systems.Höegh, May 20, 2014
Government is working with Halifax Regional Police to investigate a breach of information on the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIPOP) website. Of the documents that were inappropriately accessed, less than four per cent, about 250, contained highly sensitive personal information. In total, about 7,000 documents were inappropriately accessed. Examples of sensitive information may include birthdates, social insurance numbers, addresses and government services client information. Applicants’ credit card information was not accessed during the breach. Government first became aware of the issue on Thursday, April 5, when a problem was identified with the freedom of information website. It was immediately shut down while a solution was sought for the problem. On Friday evening, April 6, government confirmed information was inappropriately accessed. Government filed a complaint with Halifax Regional Police to investigate on Saturday, April 7. The incident set in motion the government’s privacy breach protocol, which prompted a shutdown of the system and an immediate and thorough investigation. It also activated government’s cybersecurity incident response process. Government’s next step will be to notify affected individuals after careful consideration to not compromise the police investigation. Anyone concerned about their personal information can call 902-424-3843 or email [email protected] . Nova Scotia’s Privacy Commissioner, Catherine Tully, who was informed of the breach earlier this week, has provided advice to government, and will investigate the incident. “We deeply regret that individuals’ information has been compromised,” said Internal Services Minister Patricia Arab. “We welcome the commissioner’s full investigation of this incident.” Internal Services and its cybersecurity team are working closely with the third-party service providers, Unisys and CSDC Systems, to secure the site and get it back up and running. Until then, Nova Scotians inquiring about FOIPOP applications, or looking to view public applications can contact the FOIPOP office at 1-844-424-2985. Launched in January 2017, the access to information website allows applicants to electronically submit requests, check for updates on the status of their requests and access previously released FOIPOP requests that were eligible for disclosure.
… The engagement between company and community must be reasonable and must be tempered by what constitutes the public interest.However, no Government can walk away from its responsibility to provide the country with a secure energy supply.Nor can any Government wantonly inflict unnecessary costs on energy consumers to allay concerns that are not well founded. THE MINISTER FOR Communications, Energy and Natural Resources Pat Rabbitte said tonight that he would like to see “Eirgrid do everything it reasonably can to secure community acceptance”.EirGrid, the body responsible for the development and maintenance of the State’s electricity grid, is constructing a number of large overground pylons for electricity lines as part of its countrywide EuroGrid 25 project to update Ireland’s electricity infrastructure.ProtestsThere have been a number of protests throughout the country, with 1,000 people attending a public meeting in County Meath last week in opposition to EirGrid’s plans.In an address to the Energy Institute in Dublin this evening Rabbitte said “the government does not make arbitrary decisions directing where power lines are to be built or not built”.He said that the government “will not direct Eirgrid to particular sites or routes or technologies, government does require Eirgrid to take account of all relevant national and international standards, to follow best practice and ensure value for money”.Rabbitte said the government has full confidence in the competence, professionalism and technical abilities of Eirgrid and in the impartial discharge of their onerous functions.He added: Rabbitte said that people need to understand that Ireland cannot attract investment and provide jobs without a modern energy system.Read: Electricity project to be scrutinised at An Bord Pleanála hearings today>Read: Eirgrid propose routes for €500mn Leinster-Munster high-voltage power line>